We may act as brokers as well as direct lenders, and our products and services may sometimes be provided in conjunction with our business partners. Thus, it may be necessary to disclose your information to those partners to provide you with the products or services you request. However, we will only disclose your information to such third parties where we have your express consent to do so via an 'opt in' mechanism on our website.
We may also share the personal information you submit with our associated group companies (which includes any company linked to us in some way by common ownership or management) for the purposes of: (a) the provision of products and service you request; (b) consumer profiling and market research; and (c) to contact you by post, phone or electronically about related products and services, offers and events, unless you opt out as described below (see the Marketing and Opt Out Rights section). A list of associated companies is available on request by contacting Lending Stream directly via the contact details provided below.
If you consent via the opt in process, we may also share your personal information with selected third parties who may use it to contact you by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable methods in relation to offers they feel might interest you, to seek your feedback, suggestions or opinions on current products, or for editorial, survey, research and product development purposes.
We may also share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- with lenders, credit reference agencies, customer service providers and collection agencies. We have trusted relationships with these carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information. Credit reference agencies may add to their records about you, information about our search of their records and your application with us, and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches;
- with a purchaser, in the event our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- in order to enforce any of our terms and conditions;
- with individuals who you nominate as your referees to verify certain information that you provide to us;
- if required or compelled to do so by any legal authority, as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us;
Please note that for full details at to how we may make use of your information to determine and/or provide provision of loan facilities you should read the Use of Information Statement contained in your pre-contractual loan documentation.