Update: Whoa!! As of midnight on the 15th August, you’ve helped us raise £2,634 for Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary! Thanks to everyone who shared our video. And for all the offices that entered to win their very own takeover, we’ll be drawing a winner soon 🙂
We know the very best things in life are free. That’s why we’re excited to partner with Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary for a competition that’s sure to bring some joy to your Monday morning! To enter, fill out the form below for your chance to win a ‘Kitten Takeover’ for your office. What will this look like? Here’s a preview:
Rescue Me volunteers will be on site to make sure that the kittens and people all stay safe and happy during the takeover. In the best interests of the kittens, we’ll need to keep them close to their temporary home with the rescue, so only offices within a 35-mile radius of Liverpool will be considered. (Be sure to input the address of the exact office where you’d like the takeover to take place in the form below.) But wherever you are, you can still help homeless and unwanted animals get a fresh start in life! For every Facebook share of this video, we’ll donate £1 to Rescue Me, up to £5,000.
If you are selected, we will need to secure written consent from your employer to conduct the kitten takeover at your office. We’ll also need to get consent in written form to record video during the kitten takeover from all participants and your employer. This letter should disclose the authority of the person signing on behalf of the employer. If you have any questions, we will be happy to help.
Thanks and good luck!
- TheLending StreamKitten Takeover Contest (the “Contest”) is a one-off contest that you can participate in between 1st August 2016 and the closing date of 14th August 2016, by submitting your details and those of your workplace as instructed in the form found on the Contest webpage.
- Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must be a resident of the United Kingdom and at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date we receive your entry. You must work in an office location within 35 miles of Liverpool city centre and have the permission of your employer to enter the competition on their behalf. There must be an area within your office which is a suitable size for placement of a pen to contain the kittens securely (pen is provided by Lending Stream LLC or representatives) and video filming equipment during the event. The minimum size of area required is four (4) square metres.
Employees, officers, directors and agents of LENDING STREAM LLC (“Sponsor” “we”, “us” or “our”), their immediate families or anyone professionally connected with the Contest are not eligible to enter the Contest or win the prize. We will not accept entries from agents or third parties, or entries automatically generated by computer, or corrupted entries, and entries that are not in accordance with these “Terms and Conditions”.
- Entry Period: The Contest begins on or about 12:00AM GMT on 1st August 2016 and ends at 23:59PM GMT on 14th August 2016 (“Entry Period”). By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
- How to Enter:
4.1 To enter the Contest, you will need to (i) submit your name, an email address, your main contact telephone number, the name of your company, details of a contact at your company, the office address and the approximate number of employees who work there in the appropriate designated fields on the Contest webpage, and (ii) follow all the technical, creative, and legal requirements disclosed on the webpage, the Application and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation, the submission requirements (described in Section 5 below). Entries will be selected as more fully detailed in Section 8 below among all other valid entries received during the Contest period.
4.2 Only one submission per workplace will be considered.
Using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may result in the entrant being disqualified. Entries must be submitted and received by Sponsor during the applicable Entry Period through the Application and in strict accordance with the instructions and restrictions on the Website and these Terms and Conditions. All entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, forged or otherwise not in compliance with the Terms and Conditions may be disqualified from the Contest at our sole and absolute discretion. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. We are not responsible for tampered with, deleted, or invalid entries. Assurance of delivery of entries is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
- Submission Requirements: All submissions must meet all of the following requirements or the associated submission may be suspended or disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
- Submissions must be written in English.
- Submissions must not include information or content that is false, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, defamatory, threatening, trade libelous, slanderous, libelous, disparaging, unlawfully harassing, profane, obscene, pornographic, hateful, indecent, inappropriate or injurious to any individual, the Sponsor, or any third party.
- Submissions must not contain information obtained from someone that is not you, unless you have received specific authorization to provide a Submission on behalf of someone else.
5.1 Entrant agrees that his/her participation in the Contest and agreement to these Terms and Conditions and any display and use of the submissions by the Sponsor will not violate any agreement to which entrant is a signatory or party.
5.2 Entrant agrees to indemnify the Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use or reuse by the Sponsor of your submissions.
5.3 Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify from the Contest and/or remove from displaying or publishing any submissions that, in its sole discretion, refers, depicts, or in any way reflects negatively upon the Sponsor, the Contest, or any other person or entity or does not comply with these requirements or these Terms and Conditions.
- Intellectual Property Rights: By submitting your submission into the Contest, you confirm that it is original and does not infringe the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright and other intellectual property rights. You irrevocably grant us a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual license to use your name, and entry details, throughout the world, for any purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, promotional activities and commercial exploitation (such as your entry beingfeatured in our e-book). You also grant us the right to reproduce, edit, adapt and publish your entry as we see fit, including the right to publish it on our website and our pages on social networking sites such as our social networking hub. We also reserve the right to use your submission for future promotional purposes.
- Prize and Value: There is one prize available for the Contest. All valid participants that take part in the Contest will be eligible to win the prize. At the end of the Entry Period, the winning entry will be chosen in the manner outlined in Section 8; the details of the prize are as follows: A visit to the company workplace at a mutually acceptable day and time for all parties, by several rescue kittens, accompanied by volunteers from Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary and representatives of Lending Stream LLC, who will film the event for marketing purposes. The visit will last for no less than 60 minutes and all equipment relating to the containment, entertainment, comfort and safety of the kittens will be supplied on the day by Lending Stream and their representatives. Lending Stream and their representatives may request photographs and measurements of the space to be used in advance of the Kitten Takeover event and may request a pre-event visit in person to assess the area in the interests of health and safety for the animals and people involved. By entering the contest you agree that Lending Stream LLC and its representatives, and Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary are not responsible for any allergies, scratches or damage to property or person that may arise from the Kitten Takeover event. It’s the winner’s responsibility to check that taking part in the Kitten takeover will not generate any health issues with their staff and to ensure that any staff members who suffer from allergies or phobias are kept away from the event area for the duration. . The prize is non-transferable and has no monetary value. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm that his or her company has agreed to receive the prize at its premises. The Sponsor will confirm with the company that it has consented to receiving the rescue kittens on the premises and reserves the right to cancel the prize if such consent is not received.
- Determining the Winner: After the conclusion of the Entry Period, each submission received during the Entry Period for the Contest will be entered into a random draw. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on or about the 15th August 2016. Once we have selected an entry, we will contact the contestant and require a response from the contestant, and the company, acknowledging the submission. Once we have confirmed the identity of the contestant and the agreement of the company, such contestant will be deemed the winner.
- If there are no valid entries from which the Contest may be selected, then we may, in our sole and absolute discretion, not award the Contest prize.
- Winner Notification: If you win, you will be notified via email, by telephone, or by SMS, no later than seven (5) days after the end of the applicable Entry Period. You must confirm that you accept the prize within eight (8) days by the method specified in the notice, otherwise the prize will lapse and we reserve the right to choose a substitute winner, if any, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Please allow up to twenty eight (28) days from the date that you claim the prize for the Kitten Takeover event to take place on a day and time mutually agreed by the winning company, Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary and Lending Stream LLC and their representatives. We may need to verify that you were eligible to participate in the Contest or if there is any reason that you or your workplace should be disqualified before the prize event can take place.
- By entering the Contest, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and consent to use of their personal data by LENDING STREAM LLC, the data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- By entering this Contest, you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these Terms and Conditions and agree to the personal data you supply being used by us and/or our affiliates for the purpose of executing and administering the Contest and to send you direct marketing relating to our products and services. You will have the right to opt-out from these direct marketing communications at the point we collect your data and on each occasion that we contact you.
- Our data protection and privacy terms that are part of the Contest are without prejudice to any other purposes for which you have previously given us and/or our affiliates’ permission to use your personal data.
- If you win, you and the company will be required to take part in publicity arising from and in connection with the Contest, including, but not limited to, permitting publication and use of the company name, images and video footage shot by Lending Stream representatives during the event, images of company staff members and quotes from members of staff about the event during the day. By entering the Contest, you and your company agree to sign the necessary documentation required to use employer and employee names, images, video footage and quotes for such purposes.
- You can obtain the name of the Winner of the Contest and the county where he or she resides, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope twenty-one (21) days after the end of the Contest specifying the Contest you are interested in to: Lending Stream, Wisteria Grange Barn, Pikes End, Pinner, London, United Kingdom, HA5 2EX
- All our decisions in respect of this Contest will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is held to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute (including any non-contractual disputes) arising out of or in connection with these terms.
Promoter and Data Controller: Lending Stream LLC, Wisteria Grange Barn, Pikes End, Pinner, London, United Kingdom, HA5 2EX (Please do not send any entries to this address or to Rescue Me Animal Sanctuary).