For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Lending Stream. Lending Stream is registered under the Act with registration number: Z2752028.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
Transferring your personal data outside the EEA
The servers that support the Website, as well as many of our operations, are located in the United States and India. Thus, personal information you provide to us may be transferred to and stored in the United States and/or in India. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your personal data.
Transfers outside the EEA
Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) are required to have similar standards for protecting your personal information. This is not always the case outside the EEA. Each time you apply for a loan, we may transfer your personal information outside the EEA (including to our associated companies in India and the USA). However, before doing so, we will ensure that there is adequate protection for personal data as required by the relevant Data Protection legislation.
We give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and weâ respect the choices you make.
Collecting your information
We'll collect only as much information as we need for specific, identified purposes, and we won't use it for other purposes without obtaining your consent. We'll take appropriate steps to make sure the personal information in our records is accurate. We collect the following types of information about you:
- name, email address, mailing address, phone number, employer name, take-home pay, and banking information (such as bank routing number, debit card number and account number). Please see below for times when we will collect this type of information;
- information collected directly from you through your online application, information collected through on-line forms or entries on our lead providers'/affiliates' websites, or information you provide when you contact our customer services department;
- your telephone communications with us and our customer services department, which may be monitored and recorded;
- correspondence, or a record of it, if you should contact us;
- information about your transactions including loan balances;
- information from outside sources such as credit reference agencies and customer service providers regarding credit worthiness and credit history;
- information about your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access on our Website;
- information that is collected when you use the Website, which may be used by us to identify you and validate your use of the Website for fraud prevention purposes;
- information about you when you use our feedback form;
- information regarding your inquiries about our affiliate program; and
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and is not in individually identifiable form; and automatic information obtained by using "cookies" when your browser accesses our Website and when you log-in. See the "Cookies" section below for more information.
Information about third parties
We may also request that you provide details of individuals who are able to act as referees on your behalf by verifying some of the personal information you provide about yourself. The information we collect about these third parties include their name, address, and phone number.
Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
When you give us information about another individual you must confirm, and warrant to us, that they have appointed you (1) to act for them, (2) to consent to the processing of their personal information and to the transfer of their information abroad, and (3) to receive on their behalf any data protection notices. You also consent to us informing any third party that you nominate or recommend that you have provided their details to us.
Using your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes including:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- in the normal course of our business to provide you with the services or products you request such as processing loan transactions and updating your account records;
- to contact third parties, such as your employer, who you have nominated to verify information about yourself;
- to enhance your experience of using our Website or our services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where applicable and where you choose to do so;
- for conducting statistical analysis;
- to identify you when you contact us or visit our Website;
- to identify which of our products and services, or our partners' products and services, might interest you and to market these to you by postal and electronic means;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to prevent and detect fraud, this may involve the use of voice detection technology to analyse recordings of your telephone calls with us;
- for other regulatory checks including credit assessment;
- for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers; and
- to provide aggregated information about users for editorial or feedback purposes for our advertisers.
Sharing your information
We may act as brokers as well as direct lenders, and our products and services may sometimes be provided in conjunction with our business partners. Thus, it may be necessary to disclose your information to those partners to provide you with the products or services you request. However, we will only disclose your information to such third parties where we have your express consent to do so via an 'opt in' mechanism on our website.
We may also share the personal information you submit with our associated group companies (which includes any company linked to us in some way by common ownership or management) for the purposes of: (a) the provision of products and service you request; (b) consumer profiling and market research; and (c) to contact you by post, phone or electronically about related products and services, offers and events, unless you opt out as described below (see the Marketing and Opt Out Rights section). A list of associated companies is available on request by contacting Lending Stream directly via the contact details provided below.
If you consent via the 'opt in' process, we may also share your personal information with selected third parties who may use it to contact you by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable methods in relation to offers they feel might interest you, to seek your feedback, suggestions or opinions on current products, or for editorial, survey, research and product development purposes.
We may also share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- with lenders, credit reference agencies, customer service providers and collection agencies. We have trusted relationships with these carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information. Credit reference agencies may add to their records about you, information about our search of their records and your application with us, and this will be seen by other organisations that make searches;
- with a purchaser, in the event our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal information held about customers will be one of the transferred assets);
- with anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under this agreement;
- in order to enforce any of our terms and conditions;
- with individuals who you nominate as your referees to verify certain information that you provide to us;
- if required or compelled to do so by any legal authority, as required by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us; and
Cookies and Web Beacons
If enabled, we may place cookies on your machine that store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of the pages of this Website. Cookies are small electronic files that collect information when someone visits a website. They can identify the pages that are being viewed and this can assist us in tracking which of our features appeal the most to you and what content you may have viewed on past visits. Some cookies only exist whilst viewers are online, but 'persistent' cookies are not session-based and remain on the viewer's computer. When you visit this site again, 'persistent' cookies can enable us to customize our content according to your preferences.
These cookies do not track user information in a way that identifies your name, and all our cookie data is encrypted and cannot be read by other websites. We do not store sensitive information such as account numbers or passwords in 'persistent' cookies and cookies in themselves do not contain enough information to identify you.
We also use Google Analytics to collect non-personally identifiable information, in aggregate form, to understand website/page visit volumes in terms of source, geography, browser, etc.
Google Analytics employs a software technology called web beacons, that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users or responses to emails. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons cannot be disabled in same manner as cookies may. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to our customers' personally identifiable information.
Cookies used by Lendingstream and Third Parties
||Identify customers when they login
||Offers protection against Cross-Site Request Forgery
|flavour, mob_num, m_override
||Identify customers from mobile devices and render contents customized for mobile phone displays
|lsrc, lsrc_detail, skey
||Identify the source of the customer when he lands on the website for the first time and used for offering appropriate customer experience
|landDispRand, esignDispRand, thankuDispRand, applydisprand, mmrand, sid, homedisprand, valueid, uniqid, m-override, _C_mob_num, _C_flavor, appl_keyVal, dssrand, OptimizelySegments, optimizelyBuckets, optimizelyPendingLogEvents, unique_id
||Displaying certain pages based on the variant chosen for the customer
|token_direct , payment_direct
||Dropped by the secure debit card gateway to prevent fraud
|Third Parties Using Cookies
||Used to maintain login session.
||Unique id to identify arrival to website homepage
||-To prevent forgery and fraud
||Combination of uniqid (permanent cookie) and valueid (session cookie)s
|Lsrc, lsrc_detail, lsrc_history
||To know the source of website visitor
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz
Any information that we acquire about you using cookies or other web tools is subject to the same restrictions and conditions as any other information we collect about you.
Credit reference and fraud prevention agencies
When you submit an application you confirm that all the information you have given is true and complete. When you submit an application you authorise our relevant third parties to check the following records about you and others:
- our own;
- those at credit reference agencies ("CRAs"); and
- those at fraud prevention agencies ("FPAs").
These third parties will make checks we deem necessary (i) in connection with your application for credit or (ii) otherwise in connection with our internal underwriting systems which are used for determining credit worthiness.
If you tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we or they will link your records together so you must be sure that you have their agreement to disclose information about them. CRAs also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to FPAs.Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- recovering debt;
- checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; or
- checking details of job applicants and employees.
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by FPAs.Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Act.
Marketing and opt-out rights
By visiting our Website and submitting your application, you understand and agree that we may contact you via the phone number or e-mail address you enter on your loan application to assist you with your loan or to discuss other products and services that Lending Stream may provide for you.Your active agreement is not required in this regard and you agree to our use of your information in this way by visiting the Website and submission of your application. This is distinct from our sharing of your information with selected third parties, which will only be undertaken where you actively consent to allow us to do so.
You can exercise your right to opt-out of receiving these marketing communications from us or from our associated companies by responding to any of our e-mail communications with "remove" in the subject line or by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com Every time we contact you for marketing purposes we will give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving further marketing material and you can exercise this right to opt-out at any time by either sending us a mail or calling us.
If you opt-out of our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, we will honour such choice within 2 to 3 business days. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other inquiry.
As noted above, if you consent to allow us to share your information with selected third parties, you may receive follow-up contact and offers from third party companies and, while we only work with selected partners, we are not responsible for the services or representations of these third parties. To opt-out of receiving further marketing emails, calls, or SMS messages from such third party, please contact the third party directly.
Security and retention of information
We are aware of the importance of the data we collect from you and therefore we use advanced technology to protect your information. We take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For example, we store data in encrypted form on computers and control access via secure web pages. We also employ firewalls and other security technologies to protect our servers from external attack. In addition, we train our employees in the proper handling of personal information and when we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
When you enter certain, more-sensitive information (such as your bank routing or checking account number) on the application form, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary, for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. In addition, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is relevant for its intended purposes, is reliable for its intended use, and is accurate, complete, and current.
Access to your data
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update or remove it by making the change within the edit your profile section of the site or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you submit or create blog on this Website, you should be aware that any personal information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of these blogs, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
We post customer testimonials, which may contain personally identifiable information, on our website and banners as well as some other websites with Lending Stream presence.
Third party links in our website
Our Website may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these third-party websites, please note that such websites have their own terms and privacy policies, and that we are not responsible or liable for any of the practices of these third-party sites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
To register with us you must be 18 years of age or older.
Changes to this privacy statement
If you have any questions or concerns about the use of your personal information as described above, please contact us at Lending Stream LLC, Wisteria Camrose House, 2A Camrose Avenue, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 6EG, UK. Our Registered Address is at 2711 Centerville Road, Suite 400, Wilmington, DE 19808, USA, registered in the State of Delaware, USA with registration Number 4124111. Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Interim Permission Number 643942. You can contact us at 0845 351 1482 (Call charges apply. Standard charges from BT landlines, mobiles and other providers may vary) or email us at email@example.com. | Copyright © Lending Stream